Thursday, May 13, 2010

I was at the Flyers history making game last night, first playoff game I had been to in 15 years after starting my career in baseball. As much as I love baseball, and do consider myself more of an old school fan who still looks at the game with some romanticism, there is NOTHING like playoff hockey!

I have been to baseball playoff games and the World Series, to NFL playoff and conference championship games but the intensity on the ice and in the building of an NHL post-season game is unmatched..especially with what was at stake last night.

The building was electric, especially as the game moved on with the Flyers in the lead. You could feel the excitement but also a bit of trepidation and nerves, especially as the Bruins took the play to the Flyers late in the first and throughout half the second period.

You hold your breath on each foray into the attack zone by the Bruins and then nervously exhale as each scoring opportunity gets turned away or denied, or, in my case last night, make sure my shoulder is still attached after my best friend continually grabbed it and pulled on it as the puck was steered wide or cleared from the crease.

Now, we'll see if the Flyers can finish the job tomorrow night and advance into the conference finals and earn home ice against the Canadiens. Obviously, it is a great accomplishment to force a decisive game 7 after being down 3-0 but the job isn't done just yet...

LET'S GO FLYERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment